Sunday, March 23, 2008

Beautiful Easter


Today was Easter. What an awe inspiring day. The day we celebrate the resurrection of the Savior. Today in Relief Society we talked about a talk by Elder Holland from October 2007 General Conference, The Only True God and Jesus Christ whom He hath sent. What a powerful talk! It quickly dispels questions about our belief in Christ. I have been trying to study the talks from last General Conference more, and I am constantly struck with wonder at the power of the words in them.

True doctrines taught. That is the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We can only be truly converted when we accept those doctrines in our hearts and strive to live them. I feel so weak when I think about all the magnificent things that people glean from the scriptures. I need to study them more, to feast more upon the words of Christ.

What a truly beautiful gift we have been given and get to be reminded of each Easter. The gift of Eternal Life if we seek it. One truth that gives me more peace than any bookshelves in the world is knowing that life does not end with death. I will get to see my loved ones again because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. For that I am humbly grateful.

I hope you all had a meaningful Easter Sunday.

"He is Risen! He is risen! Tell it out with Joyful voice!"

2 comments:

gettoman said...

Is there any doubt mormons aren't Christian? I mean come on people!? If you have ever take a moment to read the first 100 pages of the Book Of Mormon then maybe you'd figure it out, WE DO! If you can read the first 100 pages of the BOM and still be confused on that part then are beligerantly ignorant!

Collector said...

I disagree. Just because someone is confused does not mean they are ignorant or belligerent. The only true clarity that comes while studying the scriptures (whether it be the Book of Mormon or the Bible) comes through continuous study and prayer and listening to the Spirit of the Lord.
Disparaging comments don't really help people want to learn more. They usually have quite the opposite effect, which you know. I was slightly disgruntled with the harshness of your comment, which is why it took me so long to respond to it. I've been pondering how to disagree with you without adding more harsh comments to the mix.

And the most beautiful thing about any day, including Easter, is that the Lord loves us no matter what we believe.