Monday, May 19, 2008

The new love in my life

Cinnamon Head and I spent Saturday working in the earth. What a satisfying activity. We waxed very philosophical. Earth and plants. Sun and water. It was one of the most calming things I've done in years.

I had to leave my garden today. Work unfortunately has to come first. I miss my friend. We had a nice little chat as I watered this morning. We think we know where the rest of the marigolds will go. And lavender will be going into the east 40 still leaving room for a corner vignette of evergreens and coleus in the back 40. I still need to find some geraniums at one of the local establishments. My garden is not complete without geraniums. The dude and I are still discussing what to do with the last of the land. Cinnamon Head and I were talking about me getting an ox to till the rest of the land, because it is so hard packed. Then we went to a yak, and then the genius idea of a water buffalo came to us. She was over joyed. Why would anyone be over joyed at the prospect of a water buffalo becoming part of the family? I personally think that's a silly question. The answer should be obvious. Fresh Mozzarella.

You know you love your garden when you go out to bend down and water it at 10:00pm when you are sick to your stomach.

Bring on the Water Buffalo!

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

it's cement full of dinosaur nozzles I swear.

weeding is a very special past time.

Jenny said...

Welcome back!
Who is Cinnamon Head? (Marge?)