Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Peace and projects

My peace is found in two places right now. The scriptures and my garden.

Our acreage turned into a lake a few nights ago when the monsoon hit. I'm a little worried about mosquitoes. There is a lot of standing water. All of the mud meant I couldn't work in my garden the way I had planned. We also ended up being busier than we thought we would be with gatherings. My goal is to improve the drainage in our yard and to get my poor plants from the nursery in the ground or in their planters. I won't have much time to accomplish all that in, and I'll probably be covered head to toe in mud, but my poor plants are crying out to me. They need to grow and to flourish. I need to scrounge up more planters. The dude and I created the master plan for our yard and garden a couple nights ago, and the verdict is in, the coleus that I put in the ground that gets sun half the day is going to have to go in a planter anyway, so I'll be able to move it to all shade. Lucky coleus. Now I just need to find something else to put there so I have something to look at from the kitchen window. The marigolds in the west 40 are also going to have to be put into planters. Right now they are getting flooded out, so I bet they'll enjoy the planter. I hope I can come up with a good way to improve the drainage in that part of the yard. The dinosaur dig created sort of a pool, but I think the contractors didn't do what they said they did with grading it anyway. Grumble, grumble. Wait! Why am I complaining? This just gives me more projects outside! There's nothing bad about that!

And, Yes, ancestors and Mother, I have been faithfully putting sun block on my face and my ears. For the past few days the rest of me has been covered up because of the cool air so no worries there.

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

I used to tell the kids I babysat about how my Grandpa had to have parts of his ears cut off because of skin cancer