Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Perhaps Love

The dude and I decided this weekend that we are in a rut. We wake up, get ready, go to work, work late, are too tired to decide what to eat for dinner, go out to eat (No, I don't want to go there... There's too many people there.... It takes to long there, I'm hungry NOW), then here's were we go crazy: after work we either veg at home, go to meetings, or veg at our friends' home. I know, I know, that's quite the exciting life.

Well, we've decided it's too exciting for us. We don't want to be such wild partiers. We want to focus our energies on things like--cleaning, hobbies, going to bed early. Oh, and cooking our own meals. What are we thinking!!!

So in the spirit of our recent decision to downsize (don't ask me exactly what we are downsizing. I hope it's our stuff, because moving soon with this big a house full of stuff into a smaller house were we don't want stuff could either seriously impair my sanity or give me a heart attack. And frankly, I'd rather avoid both of those options.) I decided that getting stressed out each day at work is one of those things that I'm going to have to give a pink slip to. (Maybe I shouldn't make jokes about downsizing in these times of recession. Hmmm.)

I tried it out today. I'm tired of having my co-workers see me as an eye-bulging lunatic. I took a lot of deep breaths, asked for a lot of help from Heavenly Father, and tried to view everything calmly. I did pretty well, other than a small out burst when I found out one of our employees isn't doing exactly what we hired her for, oh, and when I searched the building for a kid that I thought was missing her ride and I was not going to stand around waiting for the next one to come. But compared to yesterday, when someone decided that spray paint and kids where a good combination, I was very calm today. And so when I picked up the dude it was with joy and love rather than portraying an exhausted snapping turtle.

Read another amazing book today. 'The Landry News' by Andrew Clements. I'm not much on picking favorite authors, but I have yet to read a book of Clements that I didn't like. This one has some great stuff about tired teachers, the first amendment, and kids rebounding.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That was the most mental visual that I've had in weeeeeks. Thanks!

Marge Bjork said...

perhaps love is like a window
perhaps an open door