Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A snowy, cozy day for me

I had big plans for today. A to do list as long as my arm. And now as I hear the quiet of the snow around my house I change my mind. Today, today I will curl up on my couch with a quilt and my crocheting. I will sip peppermint tea as I quietly listen to the stillness. This might be an old John Wayne day (from the '30's). It has been a wonderful Christmas holiday, but I haven't yet taken a day to just relax and enjoy. Our days have been filled with family and errands and service. Wonderful things for a day to be filled with. Today, though, needs to be a different kind of day. A day of pondering and stillness. Oh, I'll still get things done, but I'm not going to rush about today. Some might call it a lazy day, but I call it a thinking day.

(In the middle of writing those beautiful plans for my day, my tea boiled over, I found a rotten bunch of bananas we forgot to take with us on holiday, and I found something sticky on the pan I know I washed before we left. Ha, ha.... Humor and Irony make the world go round.)

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

john wayne helps everyone think better

Unknown said...

Sure. Sure. But, what if one can't watch John Wayne. I need help in the thinking department at work...