Monday, August 3, 2009

I just want a clean house!

All week long (last week, as this week is only a day or two old depending on your view point) I found myself fuzzy headed. I even blogged about it. I couldn't concentrate on homework, and I felt like I wasted a lot of time doing nothing. What I really wanted to do was clean my house, but I knew that homework needed to get done. I kept putting off cleaning, and I kept being to fuzzy headed for homework. I found the solution on Saturday when I'd had enough of the house and went on a cleaning frenzie. Besides my bad attitude about doing homework in what is supposed to be my summer vacation (Dear Self, get over it. You aren't 10 any more. There's no real summer vacation. At least not until after the Masters, and even then I'm sure something else will pop up--please not the PhD yet!!!!!!!!!) my fuzzy head was caused by the absolute chaos in my home that I had been putting off taking care of until I could get my homework done! Oh, the irony!!!! (I am feeling very exclamatory tonight!!!!!!!!! So there.)

Isn't it amazing that All I wanted to do this past week was the one thing I've been avoiding for most of my life, but pit it next to homework and I'm a cleaning machine.

I asked my cousin the other day how he got his son excited about doing homework. His reply was that he just sits at his own desk and looks like he's having fun doing his. And of course son wants to do the fun stuff dad is doing. I asked him if he'd come to my house and look like he was having fun doing his homework, so I would do mine. He, he....

Here are the 5 minute vacations I found this weekend:
1. Playing my new piano (thank you, Kristen, from the bottom of my heart!)
2. Listening to the Dude playing the piano.
3. Yoga
4. Looking at beautiful artwork.

By the way the cookies were amazing!

No comments: