Friday, July 31, 2009

Breakfast Cookies?!?

It seems like the season for burnout. Many of my friends, many of the blogs I read....We all seem to be effected by end of summer malaise (is that really spelled correctly?). And evidently I am no different. But my burnout has to do with homework, and since my class ends next week, I really have no time for this! I have so much to get done! There is so much more pressure to get more than acceptable grades in grad school. Whose idea was this anyway?

And what do I do when school--the school that I teach, not take--starts again?! Am I going to be able to make it through the year? Only to be greeted by a summer full of MANY classes.... Will I be able to make it to December 2010?

Any ideas for mini vacations (like 5 minutes) that are totally refreshing?

These cookies might be one. Be prepared, my family, for a test batch of these. The Dude might even like them. As long as I leave the aniseed out. I hear those gasps, oh, family of mine. I would question his judgment like you are doing right now, but he did marry me so he can't be totally tasteless. (Snide remarks to yourself, hmph) Although he also abhors vinegar, and he did like Captain Underpants. Hmmm.... Well, good thing I'm vain enough not to be worried about his choice in spouse.

Also... (drum roll please)
After (cough) ahem, many years.... I will start playing the piano again tomorrow. That is if it makes the move o.k. (Prayers will be appreciated) I also have a piano teacher lined up (thank you, friend K! You rock!) to make me learn the theory this time.

If you are lucky, I might even post a picture of my piano for you. But only if you are lucky :)
(Yes, I did just put an emoticon there, so :P )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute. I could never get the point behind a personal blog, but I like reading them! You seem quite busy, and usually that is good, but you also need the "down time". Sometimes more than a 5 minute mini vacation...Smell the flowers, meditate alone. Thanks for the invite. Mum

Marge Bjork said...

I don't want to lose a single sesame seed

Unknown said...

I am glad that you are writing in your blog again. And, I loved the cookies.