Monday, July 27, 2009

I have not forgotten you

Dear follower,
I have not forgotten you. You light up my days. Talking with you is always a marvelous adventure. We enjoy the same quirks in life. Sometimes we even look like each other. Today however when you collapsed with unexplained giggles on my kitchen floor, it reminded me of the joys of growing up together. Long lost friends reunited by the humor of mistaking a teaspoon with a Tablespoon. Well, not really reunited. We have been together often. Our lunches together highlight my week. I hope we may continue that during the ensuing school year (can you see the panic in my eyes? Not over lunch you silly...)

And so it is, dear follower, I am back. (Well, after I finish Our Mutual favorite book) I hope to continue to be here for a while longer. Perhaps I will even have something clever to say. Or my children will and I will share it with you. Because you, too, will find them wise and clever and slightly humorous.

2 comments:

James and Summer said...

Glad you are back! You are loved and thought of often!

Marge Bjork said...

it seems there's a carole king running about in my head now.

I can't believe when I asked you about that name in the bookstore you made it into a gilmore girls reference. Boy, have we got class.