Friday, October 9, 2009

Thoughts from a few days ago

So today during a 6th grade class I mentioned The Dude.

Mrs. The Dude: so my husband blah blah blah (I can't remember what I said exactly)
6th Grader: Woa! You're married?!
Mrs. The Dude: yep. (Thinking, do you not see my wedding ring projected on to the screen larger than life almost at this exact moment? I love document cameras!)
6th Grader: you don't look old enough to be married! (Bless you, you obnoxious child you. I guess I'll forgive you for singing songs about poo out loud in my class). How old are you?
Mrs. The Dude with a wiley grin replies: Oh, I'm young!

Ha! That even tops the time we were in Seattle when I got carded, and The Dude didn't . He, he!

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

oh fleeting youth

Unknown said...

When I first taught they didn't recognize me as a teacher when I would be sitting in the auditorium during an assembly or some such. I was able to confiscate a lot of squirt guns that way. Then eventually...I faded with the years......and at the library the other day...I was helping a patron and I explained that I didn't know much about the photo shop program she was trying to use. She said her Dad couldn't do it either...I thought...what does her dad have to do with this...Oh, she thinks my ignorance is an age thing...sigh...she is wrong...