Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Woulda, shoulda

All week long I've thought of clever snippets of things to say on my blog. Actually since the last time I posted. Each night when I finally have time to sit down and breathe and can log onto blogspot, I am way to tired to write any thing mediocre let alone witty.

Tonight's entry is merely a space saver and an apology to my sister for not being more interesting. The truth is during the day when I'm at work, I have plenty of time and energy, but there's a filter on our internet. I'm grateful for it most days, it keeps the rug-rats safer than not. But working 'til late, starting a business, and being involved in church stuff, and let's be honest, having a semi-social life gets me no where near an interesting blog.

I have been wondering what's wrong with the academic world lately. How can there be so many people out there who write even semi intelligent stuff and some of the most important topics are totally ignored. Scandinavian art history for one. Moles for another. No not those things on your skin that may or may not turn cancerous. The mammal that looks like a ball of black velvet and remains surprisingly clean for a tunnel digger and dweller. Academia, I shake my fist at you.

And now I go to do dishes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

definition of Collector: interesting

Someone once, in not so many words, told me I was boring. Which Laquina laughed at.
So now I laugh in the face of uninteresting.
Laugh with me.

Collector said...

Where they drugged?!?! Who on earth could meet you and think you are boring?!

I do laugh with you and I will continue to do so for a long, long, time.