Sunday, December 16, 2007

Spring Cleaning in December?!

I have been forced into a somewhat unnatural activity for the past week. Cleaning. Not just vacuuming and dusting, although, that has happened too. I'm talking about deep-go through all your junk and purge cleaning. We are renting and the landlords are selling. Coming from the family I come from and watching all the home shows I've watched (I am an admitted HGTV addict) I feel an immense pressure to not just clean, but have everything perfect. There are perks to this. We get to live in a clean house. We have to go through our stuff and junk some of it, which as an artist and a pack-rat couple we are finding hard to do. So now I have to go to bed at an embarrassingly early hour so that I will actually be able to wake up at 6 AM and help move stuff to our newly acquired storage unit.
Bah Humbug!

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

six a.m. sounds like death sentence. good thing your mr. has left the ninja robot at the office.

Collector said...

Yes, Marge. I am lucky. And might I say, he is to? Who knows what I would have done if a ninja had gotten involved in my anger and frustration filled morning. Many cans would have been opened.